Monday 31 March 2014



THE LUPITA WAY
Have you ever  almost met a creditor(someone you have never paid the plate of meat you so badly needed) yet you are eligible for bankruptcy.Ever  almost met the boss across the hall who expects a file on his desk like yesterday but one,yet your hangover doesn’t help matters that you can’t remember what it was about?
Then depending on your reaction you could possibly give Lupita Nyongo a run for her money when it comes to bagging Oscars.The way you furrow your head,quicly stare down hard at your watch  and accelerate past such threats is pure Walt Disney magic.Even your subconscious and eyes could almost swear they never perceived such a figure.
I have always fascinated myself over how I have always reacted to the sight of one teacher,the few you actually bump into outside school.Uncle Demon was the nickname.The Hercules of a man was a true  big burly brother.The ones that look like the legendary Shaka zulu or the rock grabbing Lwanda Magere.Or whatever big muscle hero your fables have.The ones that should really star at Big Brother Africa.The type that could easily end Floyyd Mayweather ‘s 49 unbeaten run of ring boxing just before he retires.Anytime,anyday.
I had always thought  of myself as a true Bruce Lee,a forth former who never lost an arm wrestling contest,,till he grabbed my right biceps( and it hurt for a week) and attacked me with all the hell up his sleeve.Consider that I had just stretched out a hand to say hi.All he saw was the 1mm of beard and hair that he particularly never wanted to see.I have a suspicion the school only performed well in basketball because of all the Jordans we had.Legend ,sorry,fate,has it that we happened to be in the same bar watching the arsenal vs Chelsea game.”Mapao sida kwani ni frently pwana”.My senses came alive as if I was being swallowed by a python,the same that fight and eat crocodiles.I could never in a thousand years forget the voice,especially after an assault that qualified for a p3 form.
The way I sipped away that drink without looking back would have convinced anyone my brokers were raking in billions for me at the New York stock exchange.The way I eventually pulled up my chair(after the sixth goal) and left,swaggering past him like a Chinese tourist,might have not left the “usikupali pipi akusoee” singer (during physics practicals) scratching his bald head,but it sure made me believe Hollywood has nothing to do with talent,it is all about circumstances.

No comments:

Post a Comment